THINGS TO DO
Activities on Gabriola Island
Dock & Roll Rentals
- Rent kayaks and mountain bikes by the day or half day at reasonable rates
- Located at Page’s Resort & Marina
- More information
Gabriola Golf & Country Club
- 9 Hole Golf Course (though you can play 18)
- Driving Range
- Year Round salmon fishing, Ling Cod and prawing/crabbing are available.
- Can also do a wildlife tour instead
- Two of the major groups are:
- Silver Blue Fishing charters
- Go Fish Charters
Sights and Attractions
Despite being a relatively small island, Gabriola boasts many provincial and regional parks. Highlights include:
- Drumbeg Provincial Park
- Descanso Bay Regional Park
- Gabriola Sands Provincial Park
- Sandwell Provincial Park
- Malaspina Galleries
On Sunday, the Silva Bay Market takes place in the field behind Paige’s Inn, this Farmer’s Market features local music, food and crafts.
On Saturday, there’s also another market at the Aggi Hall on Gabriola.
Ravenskill Orchards & Gabbies Premium Cider
Taste the cider or tour the orchard. A great way to spend an hour in the sun and come home with some tasty treats.
The Gabriola museum aims to tell the story of Gabriola island through special exhibits, events, presentations and tours.
Places to Eat (or Drink)
West Coast cuisine fused with Mediterranean flavours in a menu centered around the wood fired oven & grill,
A staple of Gabriola island, Canadian fare with Chinese food on certain nights of the week.
The Sunset Lounge Dining Room at Surf Lodge
Great views and good food
Gabriola’s downhome bistro, serving housemade lunches, dinners, latenight pizza and desserts.
Coffee, Tea and Light Bites. Friendly options for Vegetarians, Vegans and Gluten-Free diners.